Sweet Potato Hash with Fried Eggs
I love sweet potato hash! This is definitely one of those breakfasts that you'd happily eat for lunch and dinner as well. I usually add any leftover veggies or meat that need to be used (you can put almost anything in a hash) and like to top it off with sliced avocado and hot sauce.
This recipe contains sweet potatoes, eggs, bell peppers (red), onions, peppers (jalapeno, fresh), cumin, garlic powder, oil (coconut), salt, black pepper, xxxxx, avocados, hot sauce
2 - 3 Servings
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 whole sweet potato, large
- 4 - 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) red bell pepper, small dice
- 1/4 cup(s) onion, minced
- 1 whole jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 - 5 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 - 3 ds. salt to taste
- 2 - 3 ds. pepper to taste
- Optional Toppings
- 1 whole avocado, sliced
- 3 - 4 ds. hot sauce
- 1. Shred sweet potato using a grater or food processor.
- 2. In a large saute pan, heat about 2 tbsps of oil over medium heat.
- 3. Add shredded sweet potato and cook, stirring occasionally until tender 15-20 minutes.
- 4. Make a well in the center of the pan. Heat a little more oil and add jalapeno, onions, and bell peppers and cook till tender.
- 5. Add seasonings, salt and pepper to taste. Lower heat while cooking eggs.
- 6. In a separate large pan, over medium heat, add another tbsp of oil and crack eggs into pan. Cook till desired doneness.
- 7. Remove both pans from heat. Season with salt and pepper, serve.