Sweet Potato Hash with Fried Eggs
I love sweet potato hash! This is definitely one of those breakfasts that you'd happily eat for lunch and dinner as well. I usually add any leftover veggies or meat that need to be used (you can put almost anything in a hash) and like to top it off with sliced avocado and hot sauce.
This recipe contains sweet potatoes, eggs, pepper, onion, jalapenos, cumin, garlic powder, coconut oil (extra-virgin), salt, pepper
2 - 3 Servings
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 whole sweet potato, large
- 4 - 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) red bell pepper, small dice
- 1/4 cup(s) onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 - 5 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1. Shred sweet potato using a grater or food processor.
- 2. In a large saute pan, heat about 2 tbsps of oil over medium heat.
- 3. Add shredded sweet potato and cook, stirring occasionally until tender 15-20 minutes.
- 4. Make a well in the center of the pan. Heat a little more oil and add jalapeno, onions, and bell peppers and cook till tender.
- 5. Add seasonings, salt and pepper to taste. Lower heat while cooking eggs.
- 6. In a separate large pan, over medium heat, add another tbsp of oil and crack eggs into pan. Cook till desired doneness.
- 7. Remove both pans from heat. Season with salt and pepper, serve.