Biscuit Eggs Benedict
The butterless biscuits for these Benedicts are perfect for kids to make, because they are so simple. For little and big kids: Let them help with measuring, mixing and cutting out the biscuits and making the eggless hollandaise.
This recipe contains , all-purpose flour, chives, baking powder, sugar, salt (kosher), goat cheese, heavy cream, , mayonnaise, lemons, paprika, salt (kosher), black pepper (cracked), bacon (canadian), eggs
Prep time: 1 hr
Cook time: 25 min
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup heavy cream, plus more for brushing
- Quick Hollandaise:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 8 large eggs
- 1. Special equipment:
A 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter
- 2. For the biscuits:
- 3. Position an oven rack in the center of the oven, and preheat to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- 4. Whisk together the flour, chives, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- 5. Add the goat cheese, and toss, using your hands to break it up into pea-sized pieces.
- 6. Add the cream, and mix with a wooden spoon until combined. Let the dough stand for 5 minutes.
- 7. Roll the dough out into a round that is slightly less than 1/2 inch thick.
- 8. Cut out 8 biscuits with a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter, and arrange them about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- 9. Brush them with more cream, and sprinkle with a little salt.
- 10. Bake the biscuits until just golden, 16 to 18 minutes.Transfer them to a wire rack, and let cool.
- 11. When the biscuits are cool enough to handle, split them in half. Put 2 bottom halves on each of 4 plates.
- 12. For the quick hollandaise:
- 13. Whisk the mayonnaise, lemon juice, paprika and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl, and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- 14. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the bacon in batches until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- 15. Bring a wide pot with about 2 inches of water to a very gentle simmer.
- 16. Break the eggs into the water, spacing them apart. Cover the pot, and turn off the heat.
- 17. After 2 to 3 minutes the whites should be set and the yolks still soft. Remove the eggs and place on top of the Canadian bacon slices.
- 18. Drizzle with hollandaise, sprinkle with chives and sandwich each with a biscuit top.