Seared Sesame Ahi Tuna
Seared tuna is one of my favorite, simple impressive dishes to make. It literally takes less than 5 minutes, light, healthy, delicious and impressive for guests!
This recipe contains fish (tuna), sesame seed (black), salt, black pepper, oil (grapeseed)
1 - 2 Servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 5 oz. sashimi grade ahi tuna steak
- 2 - 3 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. oil with high smoke point
- 1. Heat a small, heavy duty pan (cast iron) over medium to high heat.
- 2. Liberally season tuna steaks with salt and pepper.
- 3. Liberally sprinkle sesame seeds over entire steak and gently apply pressure to keep seeds on tuna.
- 4. When pan is hot, add tuna to sear on all sides, 1 minute on each side.
- 5. Thinly slice and serve with your favorite sauce.