Flourless Chocolate Brownies
A flourless chocolate brownie.
This recipe contains chocolate (bittersweet, chips), flour (almond), flour (brown rice), butter (unsalted), salt, sugar, vanilla extract, eggs
15 - 18 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 cup(s) bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup(s) 1/2 cup whole almonds or 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup(s) brown rice flour
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325°F with a rack in the lower third of the oven. Line the pan across the bottom and up two sides with parchment paper.
- 2. If using whole almonds, add them to a food processor with the rice flour and pulse until nuts are finely ground. If using almond flour, mix it with the rice flour. Set aside.
- 3. Place the chocolate, butter and salt in the top of a large double boiler over barely simmering water. Stir frequently until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove the bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
- 4. Stir in the sugar and vanilla. Stir in the eggs one at a time. Add the almond and rice flour mixture and stir until moistened, and then mix briskly, about 40 strokes.
- 5. Stir in the walnuts or pecans if using. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- 6. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until the brownies are slightly puffed all over and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out moist but clean.
- 7. Cool the pan on a rack. Run a knife along the unlined sides of the pan to detach the brownies. Lift the edges of the parchment paper to remove the brownies. Cut into squares.