Sweet Potato Breakfast Loaf
Great for breakfast or brunch
This recipe contains flour (all-purpose), baking powder, cinnamon, cloves (ground), salt, nutmeg, eggs, light brown sugar, vegetable oil, sweet potatoes, currants
6 - 8 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cloves, ground
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, ground
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup(s) light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup(s) sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup(s) currants or raisins
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9x5x2-inch or 8 1/2x4 1/2-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- 2. In large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, salt and nutmeg; whisk lightly to blend.
- 3. In medium mixing bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar and oil together on medium speed until creamy. Beat in sweet potato until just combined. Add sweet potato mixture to dry ingredients in two batches, beating on low speed for about 1 minute after each addition. Mix just until blended; fold in currants. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 4. Bake for about 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan, on wire rack, for 15 minutes. Turn onto rack to finish cooling.
- 5. **cooking tip** Raisins may be substituted for currants.