White Mushroom Hummus
This mushroom hummus is great paired with pita chips.
This recipe contains olive oil, mushrooms (button), onions, garlic (fresh), beans (garbanzo), tahini, lemons, parsley (fresh), chips (pita), salt, pepper
6 - 8 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 cup(s) olive oil
- 3 cup(s) button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 whole onion, sliced
- 1 cup(s) garlic cloves
- 1 can(s) 14oz. garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup(s) tahini paste
- 2 whole lemons, zested and juiced
- 2 whole parsley leaves, de-stemmed and minced
- 1 pkg(s) pita chips
- 1 ds. salt
- 1 ds. pepper
- 1. Heat oven to 425. Place sliced mushrooms, onions and garlic cloves onto a baking sheet.
- 2. Season with salt/pepper and drizzle mushrooms with olive oil. Roast in oven for 15 minutes or until tender but brown.
- 3. Make sure to check and stir mushrooms halfway between cooking to prevent burning.
- 4. Remove from oven, set aside to cool. Using a food processor, combine garbanzo and tahini paste pulse on/off for a few seconds.
- 5. Add 3 cups of roasted mushrooms with garlic cloves, process until smooth. Pulse parsley, lemon zest and juice. Adjust seasonings with salt–pepper
- 6. Serve with pita chips.