Delicious brine recipe for your next Thanksgiving turkey.
This recipe contains apple juice, water, rosemary (fresh), fresh garlic, salt (kosher), brown sugar, black peppercorns, bay leaves (dried), oranges
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 3 cup(s) apple juice or apple cider
- 2 gal. cold water
- 4 tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves
- 5 clove(s) fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) kosher salt
- 2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. whole black peppercorns
- 5 bay leaves
- 3 whole orange peels
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Stir until salt and sugar dissolve. Bring to a boil, then turn off heat and cover.
- 2. Allow to cool completely, then pour into a large brining bag or pot. Place uncooked turkey in brine solution, then refrigerate for 16 to 24 hours.
- 3. When ready to roast turkey, remove turkey from brine. Submerge turkey in a pot or sink of fresh, cold water. Allow to sit in clean water for 15 minutes to remove excess salt from the outside.
- 4. Discard brine. Remove turkey from clean water, pat dry, and cook according to your normal roasting method.