Hard Apple Cider Glazed Chicken Kale Salad
Hard Apple Cider Glazed Chicken Kale Salad- grilled chicken, on a bed of fresh kale, with warm Granny Smith Apple dressing.
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), beer (hard apple cider), sugar (brown), olive oil, salt, black pepper, butter (unsalted), apples (granny smith), mustard (whole grain), kale
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 24 oz. hard apple cider
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 whole granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 12ths
- 1 tbsp. coarse grain mustard
- 4 cup(s) thinly shredded kale
- 1. In a medium saucepan combine 1 bottle of hard apple cider and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. Boil for about 15 minutes until reduced to ¼ cup.
- 2. Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium low heat. Place the chicken breasts on the grill and cook for 5 to 6 minutes per side. Baste with hard apple cider glaze during the last 5 minutes of grilling, being careful not to burn the glaze. Chicken is done when a meat thermometer inserted in the center reaches 170° F. Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- 3. In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the apple slices and sauté for 5 to 8 minutes until browned. Transfer the cooked apples to a bowl and keep warm. Add the remaining bottle of hard apple cider to the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until dressing is reduced to about ½ cup. Remove from heat and swirl in the mustard.
- 4. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and slice into serving pieces. Divide the kale between 4 plates. Top with slices of chicken and apples. Pour the warm apple dressing over all and serve.