BLT Pasta Salad
Pasta Salad BLT style!
This recipe contains pasta, bacon, cherry tomatoes, lettuce (romaine), mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, salt, pepper
8 - 10 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 16 oz. pasta, your choice cooked, drained, and cooled
- 16 oz. bacon
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 whole heads romaine lettuce, rinsed
- 1 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 - 2 ds. salt, to taste
- 1 - 2 ds. pepper, to taste
- 1. Cook the bacon until crisp. Let drain on paper towels. Add 2 Tbsp. of bacon drippings to the pasta and toss to coat.
- 2. Crumble or chop the bacon into bite sized pieces. Chop the lettuce into 1 inch pieces. Add bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes to pasta mixture.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine Duke’s, sour cream, salt and pepper. Add buttermilk 2 Tbsp. at a time until desired consistency is reached. Add dressing to the pasta mixture and toss to coat.
- 4. Refrigerate the pasta salad for 30 min before serving to allow the flavors to develop.