Ginger Chili Scallops
Sea scallops coated with a sweet chili sauce.
This recipe contains scallops (fresh), olive oil (extra virgin), fresh ginger, chili sauce (sweet), brown sugar, parsley (fresh), salt, pepper
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 1/2 lb. fresh sea scallops
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 6 oz. sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1 ds. salt
- 1 ds. pepper
- 1. In a large sauté pan heat the olive oil to medium-high temperature.
- 2. Lightly flour and dust the scallops and place in the hot pan. Cook one to two minutes.
- 3. Turn and season with the salt and pepper and add pepper, grated ginger, sweet chili sauce, brown sugar and chopped parsley.
- 4. Stir or shake the pan gently to blend, reduce the heat to a slow simmer and let cook for 3-5 minutes ore or until the scallops begin to split slightly.
- 5. Place the scallops onto a plate and drizzle the sauce over each portion