Best Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes
Side dish, creamy mashed potatoes.
This recipe contains potatoes (yukon gold), salt, butter, sour cream (reduced fat), milk, salt, black pepper
8 - 10 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 5 lb. yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch dice
- 1/4 cup(s) salt
- 8 tbsp. butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 cup(s) milk, more if needed depending on preference
- 1 - 3 ds. salt, to taste
- 1 - 3 ds. pepper, to taste
- 1. Add diced potatoes along with 1/4 cup of salt to a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and continue cooking potatoes over medium heat until fork tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and drain the potatoes in a colander.
- 2. Pass the potatoes through a potato ricer or a food mill into a large bowl. Add the butter to the potatoes in small pieces so it begins to melt. Using a handheld mixer or sturdy whisk, beat the potatoes along with adding the sour cream and milk until smooth and creamy. Taste and add freshly ground pepper as well as additional salt as needed. Serve immediately.