Southwest Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl
Southwest Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl- corn, black beans, sweet potatoes and avocado with a yogurt based crema sauce.
This recipe contains sweet potatoes, olive oil, chili powder, oregano (dried), cinnamon (ground), salt, black pepper, quinoa (garlic), beans (black, canned), corn (frozen), avocados, XXXXX, yogurt, limes, cilantro, salt, black pepper, limes
2 - 4 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 2 whole sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1” chunks
- olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 - 2 ds. salt
- 1 - 2 ds. pepper
- 1 cup(s) quinoa
- 1 can(s) 15oz. canned black eans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup(s) frozen corn
- 1 whole avocado, flesh cubed into chunks and drizzled with lime juice
- FOR THE CREMA
- 3/4 cup(s) plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped cilantro (loosely packed)
- 1 - 2 ds. salt to taste
- 1 - 2 ds. pepper to taste
- 1 whole lime slices, for serving
- 1. Mix all crema ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- 2. Preheat oven to 425° F. In a large sheet pan, toss together sweet potatoes, chili powder, oregano, cinnamon and salt and pepper to taste. Add enough olive oil to coat the potatoes and spread into an even layer on the pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until potatoes are tender and crispy on the outside. Add cooked potatoes to bowl.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook quinoa per package directions. Allow to cool to room temperature, then add to bowl.
- 4. Add rinsed and drained black beans to bowl, along with chopped avocado.
- 5. Heat a dry frying pan to medium high heat. Add frozen corn (and nothing else!) to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until corn is warmed through and slightly charred. Add to bowl along with other vegetables.
- 6. Drizzle with crema and serve with additional lime slices and cilantro, if desired.