Classic Chili with ground beef.
This recipe contains tomatoes (diced), tomato sauce, ground beef, kidney beans (dark), chili powder, cumin powder, yellow onions, salt, pepper
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hr 30 min
- 1 can(s) 28oz. diced tomatoes, canned
- 1 can(s) 15oz. tomato sauce, canned
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can(s) 15oz. dark red kidney beans
- 2 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup(s) yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. salt
- 1 - 3 ds. pepper to taste
- 1. In large saucepan over medium high heat, combine the ground beef and onions. Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the ground beef is browned. Drain excess fat.
- 2. Add chili powder, cumin, tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 1 ½ hours, stirring occasionally. Stir in the beans and heat through.