Citrus Chicken Breasts
Citrus Chicken with capers, fennel, lemons, raisins and pine nuts.
This recipe contains olive oil (extra virgin), chicken breasts (boneless skinless), fennel bulb, chicken stock (low sodium), capers, lemons, lemons, salt (kosher), pepper (cracked), raisins, pine nuts
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts, sliced in half width wise and pounded thin
- 2 whole heads of fennel, quartered and roughly chopped
- 2 cup(s) reduced sodium chicken stock
- 2 tsp. capers, rinsed and drained
- 3 whole lemons juiced, about 1/2 cup + zest of 1 lemon
- 1 - 3 ds. kosher salt, to taste
- 1 - 3 ds. freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. raisins
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts
- 1. Place olive oil in a large wide skillet over medium high heat. When butter foams, add chicken breast, and brown for approximately 5 minutes per side, or until slightly golden (turning only once).
- 2. Stir chicken stock, capers, lemon zest, and lemon juice together in a medium bowl.
- 3. When chicken is finished browning, remove it from pan. Add fennel, and brown on all sides. Return chicken to the pan and pour stock mixture over the top.
- 4. Reduce heat to low. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle raisins and pine nuts over chicken. Cover, and allow to simmer for 20 minutes, or until sauce has reduced by about three quarters and fennel is tender.
- 5. To serve, place chicken breasts on platter and spoon sauce over the top.