Seared Mexican Tuna Steak
Seared Mexican Tuna Steak- topped with red bell peppers, fresh mango and an avocado mixture.
This recipe contains fish (tuna), bell peppers (red), mango, avocados, cilantro (fresh), limes, olive oil, salt, pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 2 whole tuna steaks
- 1 whole red pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 whole mango, peeled and diced
- 1 whole avocado, chopped
- 1 whole bunch of cilantro, chopped (divided)
- 1 whole juice and zest of one lime
- 2 - 4 ds. olive oil
- 1 - 3 ds. salt to taste
- 1 - 3 ds. pepper to taste
- 1. Heat a skillet to medium high heat and drizzle with olive oil. Add the sliced bell pepper and stir fry a few minutes until they begin to char lightly. Remove from the skillet and reserve.
- 2. Season the tuna generously on each side with salt and pepper. Increase stovetop temperature to high heat and drizzle the skillet with a little bit more olive oil. Place the tuna in the skillet and sear on each side for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to rest.
- 3. In a medium bowl, add the chopped avocado, a drizzle of olive oil, half of the chopped cilantro, the juice and zest of one lime and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Using a fork or potato masher, blend the mixture to your desired consistency.
- 4. Spoon out the avocado mixture onto each plate. Top with a tuna steak, then the peppers and mango. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining cilantro. Serve immediately.