Seared Mexican Tuna Steak
Seared Mexican Tuna Steak- topped with red bell peppers, fresh mango and an avocado mixture.
This recipe contains fish (tuna), bell peppers (red), mango, avocados, cilantro (fresh), limes, olive oil, salt, black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 2 whole tuna steaks
- 1 whole red pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 whole mango, peeled and diced
- 1 whole avocado, chopped
- 1 whole bunch of cilantro, chopped (divided)
- 1 whole juice and zest of one lime
- 2 - 4 ds. olive oil
- 1 - 3 ds. salt to taste
- 1 - 3 ds. pepper to taste
- 1. Heat a skillet to medium high heat and drizzle with olive oil. Add the sliced bell pepper and stir fry a few minutes until they begin to char lightly. Remove from the skillet and reserve.
- 2. Season the tuna generously on each side with salt and pepper. Increase stovetop temperature to high heat and drizzle the skillet with a little bit more olive oil. Place the tuna in the skillet and sear on each side for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to rest.
- 3. In a medium bowl, add the chopped avocado, a drizzle of olive oil, half of the chopped cilantro, the juice and zest of one lime and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Using a fork or potato masher, blend the mixture to your desired consistency.
- 4. Spoon out the avocado mixture onto each plate. Top with a tuna steak, then the peppers and mango. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining cilantro. Serve immediately.