Salmon Stuffed Cabbage Leaves
Salmon Stuffed Cabbage Leaves- serve as an appetizer or as a meal.
This recipe contains cabbage, fish (salmon), salt, black pepper (cracked), olive oil (extra virgin), vegetable stock (low sodium)
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 2 1/2 lb. cabbage
- 1 lb. fresh salmon
- 1 - 3 ds. salt, for taste
- 1 - 3 ds. freshly ground black pepper, for taste
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup(s) low sodium vegetable stock
- 1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
- 2. Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Clean cabbage by removing outer leaves and discarding them.
- 3. Carefully peel off whole cabbage leaves. Place in boiling water. Boil cabbage until tender (about 10 minutes). Drain, and place in a bowl of ice water to cool.
- 4. Drain again, remove the 8 largest leaves, and place them on a work surface. Place salmon pieces on top of cabbage leaves.
- 5. Season with salt and pepper. Roll sides of cabbage in, and roll up the salmon.
- 6. Grease an ovenproof baking dish with olive oil. Add Vegetable Stock to the base of the dish. Place rolls seam side down in dish.
- 7. Bake cabbage rolls for 10-12 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through
- 8. Cut up remaining cabbage into bite-size pieces. Serve salmon rolls on top of the excess cabbage while still hot.