Spinach Florentine Ravioli with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Spinach Florentine Ravioli with Sun-Dried Tomatoes in a tomato-cream sauce.
This recipe contains ravioli (spinach and cheese), tomatoes (Roma), sun-dried tomatoes, butter, fresh garlic, flour, milk (low fat), heavy cream, crushed red pepper, cheese (parmesan, grated), basil (fresh)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 pkg(s) 20oz. spinach and cheese ravioli, frozen
- 2 whole large roma tomatoes
- 3/4 cup(s) sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 4 clove(s) fresh garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tbsp. flour
- 1 3/4 cup(s) milk, lowfat
- 1/3 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3 oz. parmesan, finely grated
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh basil, chopped
- 1. Boil large pot of water and add (from frozen) one 20 oz. package of ravioli. Boil pasta according to directions on package.
- 2. Dice Roma tomatoes, strain most of the juice and set aside. Drain and finely mince sun-dried tomatoes in a food processor.
- 3. Melt butter in a deep skillet, medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté. Add flour, cook and continuously stir with whisk 1 1/2 minutes. Slowly add-in milk, cream and Roma tomatoes. Add sun-dried tomatoes and whisk to separate clumps. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add pepper flakes. Simmer sauce until it thickens, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and add grated Parmesan. When cheese is melted, reduce heat and add 1/4 milk if thinning is needed.
- 4. Add Ravioli to the sauce and stir to evenly coat, adding in half of the chopped basil. Use rest of basil sprinkled on top after plating.