Summer Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salad with Creamy Buttermilk-Dijon Dressing
Take advantage of fresh summer vegetables with sweet corn and delicious ripe tomatoes with this easy side dish, perfect to go along anything you 're grilling! The dressing is creamy yet light, the perfect compliment. **This could also be served as a meal for lunch or a light dinner**
This recipe contains XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, shallots, mustard (dijon), white wine vinegar, milk (buttermilk), olive oil (extra virgin), garlic powder, salt (kosher), black pepper, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, lettuce (romaine), corn (fresh), tomatoes (grape), avocados, onions (red)
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 5 min
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 tbsp. shallots, minced
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp. buttermilk, 1%
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 pn. black pepper
- FOR THE SALAD
- 5 cup(s) romaine lettuce, chopped (1 head or about 5 cups)
- 1 whole ear corn on the cobb, cooked and cut off husk*
- 2 oz. grape tomatoes, large, quartered
- 1/2 whole avocado, large (3 oz), sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) red onions, sliced
- 1. Stir tomato sauce, chiles, vinegar, honey, paprika, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ground chipotle and salt in a 6-quart slow cooker until smooth. Add chicken, onion and garlic; stir to combine.
- 2. Put the lid on and cook on low until the chicken can be pulled apart, about 5 hours.
- 3. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred with a fork. Return the chicken to the sauce, stir well and serve.
- 4. Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
- 5. For easy cleanup, try a slow-cooker liner. These heat-resistant, disposable liners fit neatly inside the insert and help prevent food from sticking to the bottom and sides of your slow cooker.