Cilantro Lime Chicken
Chicken thighs get a major flavor boost from this herb-and-citrus duo.
This recipe contains olive oil (extra virgin), limes, cilantro (fresh), crushed red pepper, fresh garlic, cumin (ground), chicken thighs (bone-in) (skin-on), salt (kosher), black pepper, rice (white)
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 whole limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, chopped
- 1 pn. crushed red pepper
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 4 whole skin on, bone-in chicken thighs
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 cup(s) white rice, cooked for serving
- 1. Make marinade: Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, red pepper flakes, garlic and cumin. Add chicken and toss to evenly coat with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- 2. When you’re ready to cook the chicken, preheat oven to 425°.
- 3. Pour remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil into a large oven-proof skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Season both sides of marinated chicken with salt and pepper, then add chicken skin-side down and pour in the remaining marinade. Sear until the skin becomes golden and crispy, about 6 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for 2 minutes more. (Chicken should not yet be cooked through.)
- 4. Turn off the heat and transfer pan into hot oven; bake until the chicken is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 5. Serve with white rice and drizzle with extra pan drippings.