Chicken Marsala with Broccoli and Sweet Potato
Chicken marsala is such an easy simple dish, full of flavor and perfect for a weeknight meal.
This recipe contains chicken, chicken breasts (boneless skinless), mushrooms, marsala wine, chicken stock, heavy cream, butter, fresh thyme, salt, pepper, broccoli, sweet potatoes, fresh broccoli, cheese (parmesan), olive oil
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- Chicken Marsala
- 4 chicken breast, butterflied
- 1 1/2 - 2 cup(s) mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) marsala wine
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1/3 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 sprig of thyme
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 whole whole sweet potatoes, diced
- 16 oz. broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Peel and dice sweet potato.
- 2. Using a ziplock bag, add sweet potato, a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Shake the bag, then evenly distribute over 1/2 of a baking sheet.
- 3. Using the same bag, add broccoli florets, another drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper. Spread broccoli on the other side of the baking sheet.
- 4. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Remove broccoli and rotate the baking sheet and place back in the oven. Bake sweet potato for another 10-15 minutes.
- 5. In a large skillet, over medium high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil, and season butterflied chicken with salt and pepper.
- 6. Add chicken to hot skillet and brown on both sides. Remove chicken from skillet and lower heat to medium.
- 7. Add sliced mushrooms and cook to caramelize.
- 8. Add marsala wine, chicken stock and thyme. Increase heat to high and cook till liquid is reduced by half.
- 9. Add cream and return chicken back to skillet. Reduce heat to medium and cook till chicken is cooked through, rotating as necessary.
- 10. Remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons of butter. Discard thyme sprig.
- 11. Serve chicken with parmesan sweet potatoes and broccoli.