Chicken Marsala with Broccoli and Sweet Potato
Chicken marsala is such an easy simple dish, full of flavor and perfect for a weeknight meal.
This recipe contains XXXXX, chicken breasts (boneless skinless), mushrooms, wine (marsala), chicken stock, heavy cream, butter, thyme (fresh), salt, pepper, sweet potatoes, broccoli crowns, cheese (parmesan), olive oil
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- Chicken Marsala
- 4 whole chicken breast, butterflied
- 1 1/2 - 2 cup(s) mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) marsala wine
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1/3 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 - 2 ds. salt to taste
- 1 - 2 ds. pepper to taste
- 2 whole whole sweet potatoes, diced
- 16 oz. broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1. FOR THE SIDES:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Peel and dice sweet potato.
- 2. Using a ziplock bag, add sweet potato, a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Shake the bag, then evenly distribute over 1/2 of a baking sheet.
- 3. Using the same bag, add broccoli florets, another drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper. Spread broccoli on the other side of the baking sheet.
- 4. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Remove broccoli and rotate the baking sheet and place back in the oven. Bake sweet potato for another 10-15 minutes.
- 5. FOR THE CHICKEN MARSALA:
In a large skillet, over medium high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil, and season butterflied chicken with salt and pepper.
- 6. Add chicken to hot skillet and brown on both sides. Remove chicken from skillet and lower heat to medium.
- 7. Add sliced mushrooms and cook to caramelize.
- 8. Add marsala wine, chicken stock and thyme. Increase heat to high and cook till liquid is reduced by half.
- 9. Add cream and return chicken back to skillet. Reduce heat to medium and cook till chicken is cooked through, rotating as necessary.
- 10. Remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons of butter. Discard thyme sprig.
- 11. Serve chicken topped with parmesan cheese, sweet potatoes and broccoli.