Barilla Spaghetti with Chicken and Vegetables
Barilla spaghetti with chicken breast, bell peppers, red onion & romano cheese makes a great light pasta meal for the whole family to enjoy.
This recipe contains pasta (spaghetti), fresh garlic, olive oil, chicken breasts (boneless skinless), bell peppers (green), bell peppers (red), onions (red), cheese (romano), chicken broth, black pepper, salt
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 16 oz. barilla spaghetti (we used protein plus)
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 1 whole green bell pepper, juilenne
- 1 whole red bell pepper, julienne
- 1/2 whole medium red onion, julienne
- 1/2 cup(s) romano cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 ds. black pepper, to taste
- 1 ds. salt to taste
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a sauté pan; add garlic and red onion; sweat for 4 minutes.
- 3. Add chicken and 1 tablespoon olive oil to a separate pan and cook three-fourths of the way through.
- 4. Add the peppers to the onions and sauté for 3 minutes. Add chicken broth and continue cooking until reduced by half.
- 5. Cook Spaghetti according to package directions.
- 6. Add the chicken to the pepper and onion mixture; season the mixture with salt and pepper. Remove pan from the heat and stir in the Romano cheese.
- 7. Toss chicken mixture with the cooked Spaghetti