The easiest way to welcome breakfast: Assemble it the night before and just pop it in the oven the next morning!
This recipe contains aidells sausage, butter, eggs, bread, cheese (cheddar), chiles (green), milk, paprika, garlic powder, mustard powder, salt (kosher), black pepper
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 1 hr
Cook time: 1 hr 15 min
- 12 oz. Aidells Sausage links, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 6 eggs
- 6 slice(s) white bread
- 16 oz. cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 oz. can green chiles, drained and chopped
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1. THE NIGHT BEFORE:
Sauté the sausage for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 2. Lightly butter one side of each bread slice and place bread butter-side down in a 9×13 baking dish. The bottom should be covered with no gaps.
- 3. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the bread. Spread the sautéed sausage on top of cheese and top with the green chilies.
- 4. Whisk eggs in a medium-sized bowl. Add milk and seasonings and whisk to combine well.
- 5. Slowly stir the egg mixture to keep spices mixed well while pouring evenly on top of the assembled casserole.
- 6. Cover well and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- 7. IN THE MORNING:
Preheat oven to 350º.
- 8. Bake casserole uncovered for 50-60 minutes until center is set and outside edges are golden brown. Let it cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.