Barilla Mac & Cheese Bites
Bite Size Cups of Mac and Cheesy Goodness
This recipe contains elbow macaroni, flour, shredded cheese, eggs, fresh nutmeg, butter, milk (skim), cheese (parmesan, grated), salt (kosher)
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 16 oz. Barilla Elbows
- 4 tbsp. Flour
- 12 oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 3 yolks
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg, freshly grated
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 cup(s) skim milk
- 1/2 cup(s) Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1. Pre-heat Oven to 425 degrees. Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain well.
- 2. Spray a nonstick mini muffin pan with cooking spray, Set aside.
- 3. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 4. Whisk in flour and cook for about 1 minute.
- 5. Whisk in milk and bring to a boil; Cook, whisking occasionally, for about 2 - 3 minutes until thickened.
- 6. Add cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. Stir to melt.
- 7. Remove from heat and stir in egg yolks, salt and nutmeg. Stir in macaroni.
- 8. Spoon slightly rounded tablespoons of macaroni and cheese into the prepared mini muffin pan. Each cup should be filled to the top. Pack each one down gently. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- 9. Bake for about 10 minutes until golden and sizzling. Completely cool. Using a teaspoon, carefully loosen the mac and cheese bites and transfer to a platter to serve.