Sweet & Spicy Pigs in a Blanket with a Spicy Cheese Dip
Entertaining a crowd? Need a dish to take to a party? Try this spin on traditional pigs in a blanket paired with a spicy cheese dip. It a guaranteed hit!
This recipe contains xxxxx, lit'l smokies, sugar (brown), oil (vegetable), cayenne pepper, ketchup, worcestershire, crescent rolls, eggs, xxxxx, cheese (cheddar, shredded), peppers (habanero), cornstarch, milk (evaporated), cayenne pepper, mustard (spicy), salt, black pepper
25 - 30 Servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
- For the pigs in a blanket
- 1 1/2 lb. lbs small cocktail sausages (I used lit'l smokies)
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) ketchup
- 2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb. crescent rolls (2 sheets)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, for the egg wash
- For the Cheese dip
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar or monterrey jack
- 1/2 habanero pepper, deseeded
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch (cornflour)
- 1 can(s) oz. evaporated milk
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. spicy mustard
- 1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat silicone baking mat.
- 2. Place 8 to 10 almonds in a small pile on the baking sheet (see picture above).
- 3. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler or use the microwave (carefully).
- 4. For the microwave, place the chocolate in a medium microwave safe bowl. Melt in 30 second increments on 50% power, stirring after each increment until completely melted and smooth.
- 5. Cool 2 minutes (for a shiny finish).
- 6. Using a teaspoon, carefully drizzle the chocolate over the almond clusters. Additional sprinkles are optional, but highly recommended! Put them on now, if desired.
- 7. Allow clusters to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 20 minutes or until set. Store chilled in an airtight container.