Sweet & Spicy Pigs in a Blanket with a Spicy Cheese Dip
Entertaining a crowd? Need a dish to take to a party? Try this spin on traditional pigs in a blanket paired with a spicy cheese dip. It a guaranteed hit!
This recipe contains , lit'l smokies, brown sugar, vegetable oil, cayenne pepper, ketchup, worcestershire, crescent rolls, eggs, , cheese (cheddar, shredded), peppers (habanero), cornstarch, evaporated milk, cayenne pepper, mustard, spicy, salt, pepper
54-60 pigs in a blanket servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
- for the pigs in a blanket
- 1.5 lbs small cocktail sausages (I used lit'l smokies)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb crescent rolls (2 sheets)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, for the egg wash
- for the cheese dip
- 8oz shredded cheddar or monterrey jack
- 1/2 habanero pepper, deseeded
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (cornflour)
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp spicy mustard
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat silicone baking mat.
- 2. Place 8 to 10 almonds in a small pile on the baking sheet (see picture above).
- 3. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler or use the microwave (carefully).
- 4. For the microwave, place the chocolate in a medium microwave safe bowl. Melt in 30 second increments on 50% power, stirring after each increment until completely melted and smooth.
- 5. Cool 2 minutes (for a shiny finish).
- 6. Using a teaspoon, carefully drizzle the chocolate over the almond clusters. Additional sprinkles are optional, but highly recommended! Put them on now, if desired.
- 7. Allow clusters to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 20 minutes or until set. Store chilled in an airtight container.