Seared Tuna and Cucumber Salad
This refreshing salad is perfect for a warm day. It's so simple yet not lacking in flavor. For a gluten free option swap tamari for soy sauce.
This recipe contains , garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, mirin, , fish (tuna), salt, pepper, black sesame seeds, , cucumbers (english), cilantro
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 5 min
- For the Dressing
- garlic, grated
- soy sauce
- rice vinegar
- sesame oil
- For Tuna
- ahi tuna steak
- black sesame seeds
- 1. Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- 2. Spiralize the cucumber. Place in a bowl and add dressing. Allow to marinate while preparing tuna.
- 3. Heat a small, heavy duty pan (cast iron) over medium to high heat.
- 4. Liberally season tuna steaks with salt and pepper. Liberally sprinkle sesame seeds over entire steak and gently apply pressure to keep seeds on tuna.
- 5. When pan is hot, add tuna to sear on all sides, 1 minute on each side. Remove from heat immediately and thinly slice
- 6. Remove cucumber from bowl and plate. Add cilantro as garnish and top with seared tuna. Enjoy!