New York Strip Loin Roast with Garlic Herb Crust
Garlic herbed crust surrounds this juicy New York Strip Loin Roast.
This recipe contains beef (roast, ny strip), sage (rubbed), rosemary (fresh), thyme (fresh), olive oil, salt (kosher), garlic (fresh)
Prep time: 1 hr +
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 whole boneless beef loin new york strip roast
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 2 tsp. rosemary leaves, whole
- 4 tsp. thyme leaves, whole
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 4 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 clove(s) fresh garlic cloves, peeled
- 1. With food processor running, add garlic and blend finely until chopped. Add sage, thyme, rosemary, olive oil, salt and pepper; process until paste forms. Pat meat dry with paper towels. Rub herb paste all over meat. Cover, chill at least 3 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place meat, fat side up, on rack in roasting pan. Roast meat 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Roast meat until thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 130 degrees F for medium-rare (about 35 minutes) or 140 degrees F for medium (about 40 minutes). Remove from oven, let stand 20 minutes. Cut crosswise into 1/3 inch thick slices. Arrange slices on a platter.