Chocolate Raisins Churros
A sweet spin on classic churros by adding raisin bread in the mix!
This recipe contains bread (raisin), chocolate hazelnut spread, sugar, cinnamon (ground), oil (vegetable),
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 12 slice(s) raisin bread
- 1/2 cup(s) chocolate hazenut spread
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 qt. vegetable oil, for frying
- 1. Remove crust from the slices of raisin bread and discard. Roll trimmed bread slices with a rolling pin as flat as possible.
- 2. Spread a thin layer of chocolate hazelnut spread onto one side of the flatten trimmed bread.
- 3. Starting from one end, roll up the bread tightly and place on a plate, seam side down. Do this with the remaining raisin bread.
- 4. In a small plate, combine sugar and cinnamon and reserve.
- 5. Fill a small pot with approximately 1-1 1/2 inches of vegetable oil and heat to 350ºF/178ºC.
- 6. Place two sheets of paper towels on a small baking sheet or plate.
- 7. Using tongs, place up to two chocolate raisin rolls into the hot oil and fry until golden brown all over. The rolls might try to open up. Use the tongs to occasionally squeeze them shut while they fry.
- 8. When browned all over, drain oil from each churro and transfer onto the plate lined with paper towels.
- 9. Repeat with the rest of the churros until they are all fried. The oil will look a bit messy when you are done from the bits of cinnamon and chocolate, so you cannot reuse this oil when done.
- 10. Once cool enough to touch, roll each churro into the cinnamon-sugar and coat all over. Transfer to a serving dish and continue to roll the remaining churros into the cinnamon-sugar.