Creamy Pasta with Spinach
Creamy pasta with spincah is a perfect weeknight meal!
This recipe contains **_pasta (penne), oil, garlic (fresh), tomatoes (diced), cream cheese, lemon juice, spinach (baby), cheese (parmesan, grated)
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 3 cup(s) penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 14 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 6 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 6 oz. baby spinach leaves
- 1 oz. grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 min. Stir in tomatoes; cook 3 min. or until heated through, stirring frequently. Add cream cheese and lemon juice; cook and stir 3 to 5 min. or until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended.
- 3. Place spinach in large bowl. Drain pasta, reserving 1/3 cup cooking water. Add pasta, reserved water, tomato mixture and 3 Tbsp. Parmesan to spinach; mix lightly. Serve topped with remaining Parmesan.