Mashed Candied Sweet Potatoes
A holiday favorite that's delicious any time of year!
This recipe contains sweet potatoes, vegetable oil, dark brown sugar, salt, eggs, butter, whipping cream, vanilla extract, cinnamon
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 1 hr 30 min
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- vegetable oil, for brushing on skin of potatoes
- 3/4 cup(s) dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup(s) whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2. Lightly spray or brush sweet potato skins with vegetable oil. Place in oven on a foil-lined pan or cookie sheet for 15 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350°F for an additional 45 minutes. Remove sweet potatoes and allow to cool to touch, then peel off skins.
- 3. In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes lightly. Add remaining ingredients. Continue mashing either by hand or with a food processor until all ingredients are combined and purée is smooth.
- 4. Reheat oven to 350°F. Transfer purée into a 9X9-inch casserole dish. Bake approximately 30 to 35 minutes.
*Purée can be made a day ahead and reheated just before serving*