Puff Pastry Baked Eggs
LENT-FRIENDLY! Whole eggs baked in puff pastry make for an easy and delicious breakfast. Topped with Italian-seasoned vegetables and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese, this dish is prepped – and baked – on one single sheet pan.
This recipe contains puff pastry, onions (yellow), bell peppers (green), asparagus, oil, italian seasoning, cheese (parmesan, grated), salt, cheese (mozzarella, shredded), eggs, crushed red pepper
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 whole sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (1/2 of 17.3 ounce package)
- 1 whole small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 whole medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup(s) asparagus pieces, (1-inch pieces)
- 2 tsp. oil
- 1 tsp. italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place thawed pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. Cut into 4 squares. Place squares on one side of large, shallow baking pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Prick top of pastry squares all over with fork. Set aside.
- 2. Toss vegetables with oil in large bowl. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese and salt; toss again to coat well. Spread vegetables on other side of pan next to the pastry squares. Bake 10 minutes or until puff pastry is lightly browned. Remove pan from oven.
- 3. Make an indentation with back of large spoon in center of each pastry square. Place vegetables evenly around indentations, making sure to cover edges of pastry squares. Sprinkle squares with mozzarella cheese. Break an egg into each indentation. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper.
- 4. Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until eggs are softly set.