Caprese Sandwich Melt
These are easy and fast, make them for lunch or a snack or make on a sliced baguette for a great appetizer.
This recipe contains bread (sourdough), tomatoes (heirloom), cheese (mozzarella), basil (fresh), olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 1 slice(s) whole wheat sourdough bread
- 1 heirloom tomato, sliced or tomato of your choice
- part skim mozzarella
- 1 large handful basil, ripped into small bites
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1. Turn on your broiler to 500 and let it heat up while you assemble the sandwich. First toast the bread (in your toaster or in the oven) then top with basil, tomato slices, more basil, cheese and pop in the oven under the broiler until the cheese melts and bubbles up about 2-5 minutes. Remove from oven to a plate, top with more basil, oil and vinegar salt and pepper and serve. The tomatoes can make it soggy so chow down now, won’t hold for later.