Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
Treat yourself to rich chocolate truffles rolled in a crunchy coating of hazelnuts and rice cereal.
This recipe contains chocolate (semi-sweet, chips), chocolate (unsweetened), whipping cream, butter (unsalted), sugar (light brown), syrup, almond extract, hazelnuts, hazelnuts, cereal (rice)
25 - 30 Servings
Prep time: 1 hr +
Cook time: 5 min
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. hazelnut syrup or liqueur
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 25 - 30 hazelnuts, whole
- 1/2 cup(s) hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) rice cereal, crushed
- 1. In microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate on HIGH for 30 seconds, then for 15 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until melted. Set aside.
- 2. In medium saucepan over medium heat, add cream, butter and sugar; bring just to a boil. Slowly pour hot cream mixture over chocolate, blending well with rubber spatula. If chocolate is no longer melted, microwave for an additional 15 seconds and stir before adding hot cream mixture. Add hazelnut liqueur/syrup and almond extract; stir until combined.
- 3. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of chocolate mixture to prevent condensation. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, or until mixture becomes firm. If too firm, let sit at room temperature until soft enough to roll with your hands.
- 4. Combine chopped hazelnuts and crushed rice cereal in bowl; set aside. Scoop up chocolate mixture with a teaspoon, and with a whole hazelnut in the center, shape into a 1-inch ball. Roll truffle balls in topping, and place in mini paper liners.
- 5. Keep truffles refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Let truffles sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.