Weight Watchers Ginger Lime Chicken
Ginger Lime Chicken - healthy, Weight Watchers version.
This recipe contains soy sauce (low-sodium), limes, limes, ginger root, fresh garlic, honey, chili (oil), fresh cilantro, chicken breasts (boneless skinless), scallions
Prep time: 1 hr +
Cook time: 15 min
- 1/4 cup(s) low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. lime zest, finely minced
- 2 tbsp. ginger root, finely minced or grated
- 2 clove(s) medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. chili oil, or other hot oil
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped, divided
- 1 lb. uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), four 4 oz pieces
- 2 tbsp. uncooked scallion(s), finely minced
- 1. In a large non-reactive bowl, combine soy sauce, lime juice, lime zest, ginger, garlic, honey, oil and 2 tablespoons cilantro; mix well. Remove and reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade. Add chicken to bowl, tossing to make sure each piece is coated; refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- 2. Preheat broiler to high. Remove chicken from marinade and place in a baking dish; discard marinade. Broil chicken, 4 to 6 minutes; flip and brush chicken with reserved marinade. Return chicken to oven and broil until chicken is cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes more.
- 3. To serve, sprinkle chicken with scallions, remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro and any sauce accumulated in baking dish. Yields 1 chicken breast and about 1/3 cup sauce per serving.