Spinach & Black Bean Quesadillas
Classic quesadillas made with black beans and spinach
This recipe contains oil (canola), tortillas (wheat), beans (black), garlic (fresh), spinach (fresh), cheese (blend, cheddar, shredded), salt, black pepper, cooking spray
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 6 slice(s) large whole wheat tortillas
- 2 can(s) 15.25oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 4 cup(s) spinach leaves, stemmed and chopped
- 6 oz. 2% four cheese Mexican blend
- 1 ds. salt
- 1 ds. pepper
- 1 ds. non-stick cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
- 2. Mash black beans with a potato masher or fork.
- 3. In a sauté pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add garlic, spinach, salt and pepper. Cook until spinach is wilted. Drain excess liquid.
- 4. Add spinach to beans and stir together well.
- 5. Place two tortillas on a baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray. Place ¼ of cheese on each tortilla. Divide vegetable mixture over each and top with remaining cheese. Cover each with additional tortilla and press down to seal edges.
- 6. Bake until crispy and warmed through, about 10 minutes.
- 7. Slice and serve with toppings of your choice.