Cumin-Spiced Chicken with Chunky Tomato Sauce
Bright green cilantro tops this cumin-spiced chicken with an extra dimension of flavor. Round out the meal with Chili-Lime Corn on the Cob. Prep: 2 minutes; Cook: 15 minutes
This recipe contains cooking spray, chicken breasts (boneless skinless), cumin (ground), salt (kosher), tomatoes (with green chiles), cheese (mexican blend), cilantro (fresh)
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
- cooking spray
- 4 oz. skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin, divided
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 oz. can mild diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 3/4 oz. preshredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray.
- 3. Season chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon cumin and salt; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- 4. Add 1/4 teaspoon cumin and tomatoes to pan; cook 1 minute.
- 5. Return chicken to pan; spoon tomato mixture evenly over chicken.
- 6. Sprinkle evenly with cheese; broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with cilantro.