Decadent chocolate waffles that can serve perfectly for either breakfast or dessert. You will need a waffle maker to complete this recipe.
This recipe contains chocolate (semi-sweet, chips), unsweetened cocoa powder, all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, eggs, canola oil, milk
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 1 1/2 cup(s) semi-sweet chocolate baking chips
- 1 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 4 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 cup(s) whole milk
- 1. Preheat a waffle iron according to the manufacturer's directions.
- 2. Sift the flour, cocoa, and baking powder into a bowl. Add the sugar and salt and whisk to thoroughly mix.
- 3. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, egg yolks, and oil.
- 4. Add to the flour and whisk gently until just combined.
- 5. In clean, dry bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric beater at medium speed until they form soft peaks. Fold into the batter and mix in the chocolate chips.
- 6. Ladle one-third of the batter onto the center of the waffle iron.
- 7. Close the top and cook until the waffle is crispy on both sides. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for cooking time.
- 8. Serve immediately.