French Onion Tartlets
Flaky phyllo cup filled with a creamy caramelized onion mixture and baked into a yummy, slightly crisp mouthful of goodness that is a must at Thanksgiving!
This recipe contains butter, onions (yellow), sugar, salt, pepper, fresh thyme, wine (white, dry), cream cheese, cheese (goat), eggs, parsley (fresh), phyllo dough
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 2 whole medium yellow onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 ds. salt to taste
- 1 ds. pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp. dry white wine
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 pkg(s) packages fillo dough (30 total)
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
In medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add chopped onions and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook onions, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes until softened. Add salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook onions 10 minutes, add sugar, stirring occasionally, then add fresh thyme leaves. Cook yet another 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are deep golden brown and very caramelized. Add white wine and continue to cook 3 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in cream cheese, egg and parsley until well combined.
- 2. Place fillo shells on rimmed baking sheet. Fill each shell with a scant tablespoon onion mixture. Bake 10 to 15 minutes until shells are lightly golden and filling is lightly browned on top. Serve warm.