Oreo Nutella Truffels
Easy, 5 ingredient Oreo Nutella Truffles.
This recipe contains cookies (oreo), chocolate hazelnut spread, cream cheese, chocolate (melting, dark), cookies (oreo)
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 24 whole oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup(s) nutella
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 10 oz. dark chocolate melting wafers
- 3 - 4 whole additional oreo cookies for topping, pulverized (optional)
- 1. Using a food processor (though you could also do this by crushing the cookies in a Ziploc bag using a rolling pin—just make sure they are crushed very fine), pulse oreos until very fine crumbs.
- 2. In KitchenAid (or in a large bowl using an electric mixer or spoon) stir together cream cheese and Nutella until well-combined.
- 3. Add in cookie crumbs, stirring until well-combined (pause regularly to scrape down sides of bowl).
- 4. Roll into ~ 1 Tbsp-sized balls and place on wax-paper lined cookie sheet (if filling is too messy to roll, refrigerate first for 10-15 minutes). Transfer rolled filling to freezer and freeze for 15 minutes
- 5. Once truffles have chilled, prepare your chocolate by heating it in the microwave according to package instructions.
- 6. Dip truffles in melted chocolate (my preferred technique for this is to balance the truffle on the width of a butter-knife blade, use a spoon to ladle chocolate evenly over the tops and sides, and then use another knife to slide the truffle back onto the wax paper) and return to wax-paper. Immediately after dipping each truffle, sprinkle with crushed Oreo cookies, if desired.
- 7. Return to refrigerator and allow chocolate to harden before serving. Keep uneaten truffles refrigerated in an airtight container.