Baked Ham with Pineapple Brown Sugar Glaze
Beautifully caramelized Baked Ham with Pineapple Brown Sugar Glaze for the holidays or Sunday supper. Feeds a crowd and takes only minutes of hands on prep time.
This recipe contains ham (spiral cut), juice (pineapple), sugar (brown), cinnamon stick, cloves
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 2 hr
- 10 lb. bone-in, fully cooked spiral cut ham
- 1 cup(s) pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 1. Take ham out of the refrigerator about 2 hours before baking to allow it to come to room temperature. Remove ham from packaging. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels. Place in a deep baking dish with fat side up.
- 2. Combine pineapple juice, brown sugar, cinnamon stick, and cloves in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for about 15 minutes or until pineapple juice is reduced by half. It should be thick and syrupy.
- 3. Brush half of the glaze onto the ham and into the folds of the cut slices. Reserve the other half of the glaze for later.
- 4. Place ham in a preheated 325°F (165°C) oven and bake for 1¼ to 1½ hours.
- 5. Carefully remove the ham from the oven and brush the remaining glaze onto the ham. Return to the oven and continue to bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature of ham reaches 160°F (71°C).
- 6. Allow ham to rest for 15 minutes before serving.