Chicken Salad Sandwich
I have never been a fan of raisin bread until now. The sweetness from the bread perfectly compliments the chicken salad. If you have picky eaters at home, you may need to omit the onions and/or celery but other than that, this healthy, kid friendly meal would be perfect for lunch or dinner.
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), bread (raisin), grapes (red), celery, red onions, greek yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, dijon mustard, walnuts, salt, pepper
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 12 - 14 oz. chicken breast
- 8 - 12 slice(s) raisin bread
- 7 oz. red grapes, halved
- 3 oz. celery, thinly chopped
- 1 oz. red onion, minced
- 5 - 5 1/2 oz. plain greek yogurt
- 3 - 3 1/2 oz. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. mustard
- 2 - 3 oz. walnuts, roasted and chopped
- 1. Cook chicken in a pot of boiling salted water until cooked through. Shred and allow to cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine chicken, grapes, celery, walnuts, onion, yogurt, mayo, honey and mustard. Stir and add salt and pepper to taste. Feel free to add more mayo or yogurt depending on personal preference.
- 3. Lightly toast (optional) bread. Spread a mayonnaise on each slice of bread. Spoon desired amount of chicken salad on sandwich. Enjoy.