Garlic Parmesan Pasta with Crispy Chicken
This easy pasta dish, using frozen chicken tenders, is delicious and comes together in 30 minutes. A simple weeknight meal.
This recipe contains chicken strips (breaded), pasta (penne), unsalted butter, fresh garlic, all-purpose flour, chicken broth, milk, white pepper, cheese (parmesan, shredded), black pepper (cracked), scallions
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 4 - 5 whole panko crusted chicken tenders, cooked
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper, optional
- 1/2 cup(s) grated parmesan cheese
- fresh black pepper
- green onions
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2. Slice your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. For easy cutting, feel free to stick each squash in the microwave for 3-5 minutes to soften it up just a tad.
- 3. Rub the cut side of the squash with olive oil.
- 4. Place inside a baking dish or atop rimmed baking sheet and roast face-down for about 40 minutes, or until tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- 5. Meanwhile, in a medium pot or skillet, bring a drizzle of olive oil to medium-high heat and sauté garlic until fragrant.
- 6. Next add the spinach and stir until wilted. Add your cream, cream cheese (totally optional but totally tasty) and parmesan cheese and stir well.
- 7. Season with salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat.
- 8. Once squash is done roasting, allow to cool until easily handled or pop on an oven mit and use a fork to separate and fluff the strands of spaghetti squash.
- 9. Pour your sauce over each squash boat, stir to mix, and top with a little mozzarella cheese and additional parm cheese, if desired.
- 10. Bake at 350 degrees F for around 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 11. For a golden cheesy topping, flip your oven to broil on high for just a minute or two until lightly browned. Dig in!