Barilla Rotini with Italian Sausage
Barilla Rotini with Italian Sausage and Tomato & Basil Sauce. An easy weeknight meal!
This recipe contains pasta (rotini), crushed red pepper, wine (white), salt (kosher), black pepper, basil (fresh), olive oil (extra virgin), sausage (italian), pasta sauce, cheese (romano)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 16 oz. 1 Box Rotini
- 1 - 2 ds. red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/3 cup(s) white wine
- 1 - 2 ds. salt, to taste
- 1 - 2 ds. black pepper, to taste
- 1/10 oz. basil leaves (4 juilienned)
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 lb. italian sausage casings, removed
- 12 oz. pasta sauce, tomato and basil referred
- 2 oz. romano cheese grated
- 1. Gently heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and red pepper flakes.
- 2. Add crumbled Italian sausage and brown well.
- 3. Deglaze with white wine and reduce well. ADD sauce and 1 cup of water, salt and pepper and simmer for five minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, cooke pasta according to package directions, drain and toss with sauce.
- 5. Finish with cheese, basil and remaining olive oil.