Pumpkin Caramel Cream Pudding
Fall inspired pumpkin flavored cream pudding with a crunchy pecan topping.
This recipe contains XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, eggs, sugar, half n half, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, dark brown sugar, pecans (chopped), butter
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- FOR THE PUDDING
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 cup(s) half and half
- 1 can(s) 15oz. pumpkin, canned
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, ground
- 1 ds. salt
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 2 tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pecans, chopped
- 1 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1. Pudding:
Heat oven to 325°F. Put large pan or teakettle of water on to boil.
- 2. Beat eggs and sugar in a medium bowl until well blended. Add half & half, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; mix well.
- 3. Place 6 (6 ounce) individual custard cups or ramekins in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Pour mixture into custard cups. Pour boiling water in baking pan to depth of one inch
- 4. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove custard from pan of water to cooling rack. Cool. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 5. Topping:
Heat broiler. Mix brown sugar, pecans and butter in small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over individual custards. Place under broiler, 4 inches from heat. Broil 2 to 3 minutes or just until sugar melts. Watch carefully so custards do not burn. Serve while topping is warm.