Chocolate Chip Mini Bundt Cakes
Mini chocolate bundt cakes make for an entertaining dessert.
This recipe contains baking spray, flour (all-purpose), baking powder, baking soda, salt, butter (unsalted), butter (unsalted), sugar (brown), eggs, vanilla extract, sour cream, chocolate (semi-sweet, chips), chocolate (semi-sweet, chips)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- baking spray
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup(s) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup(s) brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 pkg(s) 12oz. semi-sweet chocolate baking chips, divided
- 2 tbsp. semi-sweet chocolate mini baking chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat six 1-cup mini fluted tube cake molds with nonstick cooking spray for baking.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla. Beat in flour mixture alternately with sour cream, beating on low after each addition just until moistened. Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips. Divide into prepared molds.
- 4. Bake for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the centers comes out clean. Remove and cool in a pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from molds. Cool completely.
- 5. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the remaining baking chips with 3 tablespoons butter until smooth and glossy. Cool slightly and spoon over cooled cakes. Sprinkle with mini baking chips.
- 6. Tip: If you don't have mini Bundt molds, coat fifteen 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Fill each cup two-thirds full. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean. Cool 2 minutes in cups; remove and cool completely. Glaze as above.
Test Kitchen Tip: For easy glazing, transfer cooled glaze mixture to a zip-top bag. Seal and snip one corner of the bag. Glaze as above.