Tuscan Wild Rice and Vegetable Soup
This autumn and winter favorite brings all of your favorite Italian flavors together in one mouthwatering meal. It’s a hearty and warming meal you’ll return to every year when the weather turns chilly. Buon appetito!
This recipe contains olive oil, carrots, onions, celery, fresh garlic, water, rice (wild), tomatoes (diced), cannellini beans, cheese (parmesan, grated), pesto
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 whole carrots, chopped
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 1 whole medium celery stalk, chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cup(s) water
- 1 pkg(s) 6oz. long grain and wild rice, original recipe
- 1 can(s) 14.5oz. petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can(s) 15.5oz. cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. pesto
- 1. In 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 2. Cook and stir carrots, onion, celery, and garlic in oil 5 minutes or until softened.
- 3. Stir in rice, seasoning pack, tomatoes, cannellini beans, and water.
- 4. Heat to boiling.
- 5. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until grains are tender.
- 6. Ladle soup into 6 bowls. Top each with 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese and 1 teaspoon pesto.