A Spanish "tortilla" is similar to an omelet or frittata, great for breakfast, lunch, dinner, tapas, warm or room temperature.
This recipe contains butter, garlic, onions (yellow), red potatoes, sea salt, baby spinach, peppers (red, roasted), cheese (feta), paprika (smoked), eggs, black pepper
6 - 8 Servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 4 tbsp. butter, divided
- 3 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 whole yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb. red potatoes, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt, to taste
- 2 oz. baby spinach (about 1.5 cups packed)
- 1 cup(s) thinly sliced roasted red peppers, drained well
- 2 oz. feta or gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large nonstick (or well-seasoned cast iron) skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2. Add garlic and onion, and cook about 2 minutes. Add potatoes, salt and pepper, stir well, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are just tender.
- 3. Stir in spinach for 1 min, then transfer to a large bowl.
- 4. Wipe the skillet clean. Stir peppers, eggs, cheese and smoked paprika into potato mixture.
- 5. Heat remaining butter over medium heat.
- 6. Transfer potato mixture to the skillet and cook, running a spatula around the edges and gently shaking occasionally to prevent sticking, until eggs are set and bottom is golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 7. Carefully invert onto a large plate, slide tortilla back in, cooked side up. Cook about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer tortilla back to the plate and let cool. Slice into wedges and serve.