Low Carb Cauliflower Fried Rice
Tasty cauliflower fried rice is the low carb, Paleo recipe that satisfies your craving for takeout. Learn to make riced cauliflower the easy way with frozen, defrosted cauliflower.
This recipe contains cauliflower (frozen), eggs, oil (coconut, extra virgin), onions (yellow), garlic (fresh), oil (sesame, toasted), tamari, mirin, peas and carrots (frozen), scallions
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 pkg(s) 24oz. frozen cauliflower florets, thawed gently
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil (or a neutral oil, like vegetable oil)
- 1 whole small yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 clove(s) garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil, plus more as necessary
- 3 tbsp. gluten free tamari or soy sauce, plus more to taste
- 1 tbsp. mirin (rice cooking wine)
- 1 pkg(s) 14oz. frozen peas and chopped carrots
- 2 whole fresh scallions, chopped
- 1. Rinse rice in a strainer under cold running water for 30 seconds. Bring 12 cups water to a boil in a large pot with a tight-fitting lid over high heat. Add the rice, stir it once, and boil, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Pour the rice into a strainer over the sink.
- 2. Let the rice drain for 10 seconds, then return it to the pot, off the heat. Cover the pot and set it aside to allow the rice to steam for 10 minutes. Uncover the rice and fluff with a fork.
- 3. In a small bowl, combined liquid coconut oil, chopped cilantro, salt, and lime juice. Pour over rice and toss to combine. Season to taste with a little more lime juice, cilantro, salt, or coconut oil.