Sweet Potato Chicken Alfredo Pasta
Ditalini pasta with sweet potatoes and chicken.
This recipe contains pasta (ditalini), sweet potatoes, olive oil, onions, sage (fresh), salt, chicken breasts (boneless skinless), alfredo sauce, almonds (slivered), cheese (parmesan, shredded)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 16 oz. ditalini pasta
- 2 whole medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 whole medium onion, peeled and slivered
- 2 tsp. snipped sage or rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cup(s) chicken breast, cooked and sliced
- 1 pkg(s) 14.5oz. alfredo sauce, jar (flavored if you wish)
- 2 tbsp. toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp. shredded parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. On rimmed baking sheet toss sweet potatoes, onion, olive oil, and sage together. Sprinkle with salt and bake 22 to 25 minutes or until soft and just starting to turn golden brown. Set aside.
- 2. In a large pot bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste and the Ditalini; stir gently. Cook pasta according to package directions; remove from heat and drain well, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- 3. Add alfredo sauce to pot along with sweet potato mixture, and chicken; heat through over medium-low heat. Add pasta and enough reserved pasta water to desired consistency; gently stir to combine.
- 4. Serve topped with slivered almonds and shredded Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with additional sage, if desired.