Gluten Free Avocado Chocolate Banana Bread
Who knew that decadent chocolate banana bread could actually be good for you?
This recipe contains cooking spray, avocados, eggs, vanilla extract, bananas, flour (gluten free), almond meal, cacao powder, agave nectar, baking soda, ground cinnamon, salt, allspice, chocolate (semi-sweet, chips)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hr 15 min
- cooking spray
- 1/2 whole ripe avocado
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 3 whole very ripe bananas
- 1 cup(s) gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup(s) almond meal
- 1/4 cup(s) organic cacoa powder
- 3/4 cup(s) agave nectar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
- 3/4 cup(s) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9- by 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- 2. In a stand mixer, using a paddle attachment, mix avocado, bananas, egg, agave nectar and vanilla until smooth.
- 3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cacao powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and allspice.
- 4. Fold the flour mixture and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips into the avocado mixture until just combined.
- 5. Pour batter into loaf pan and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips.
- 6. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- 7. Let cool completely before removing from pan.