Barilla Collezione Orecchiette
Wow your dinner guests with this simple yet elegant recipe for bronze-cut Orecchiette pasta, tangy pesto sauce and bursting-with-flavor cherry tomatoes.
This recipe contains , pasta (orecchiette), olive oil (extra virgin), anchovies, cauliflower, salt, pepper, basil pesto, onions (yellow), peppers (chili, fresh), tomatoes (cherry)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 12 oz. collezione orecchiette
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 whole anchovy fillet
- 1 whole small cauliflower, cut in small pieces
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3 oz. barilla traditional basil pesto sauce
- 1 whole small yellow onion, julienne
- 1 whole red hot pepper, sliced
- 2 pt. colorful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1. Preheat oven to 500° F and bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2. Season cauliflower and cherry tomatoes with half the olive oil, salt and pepper; arrange in a baking dish.
- 3. Roast vegetables for about 10 minutes, or until they start browning and tomatoes are burst. Set aside.
- 4. Meanwhile in a skillet sauté onion with remaining olive oil, red pepper and anchovy for five minutes over medium heat, add roasted vegetables. At the same time cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- 5. Toss pasta with veggie mixture and stir in pesto before serving